Saskatchewan Government Autism Funding
Funding is provided by the Cognitive Disability Strategy on a case-by-case basis and usually comes in the form of partial funding depending on the financial situation of the applicant.
Step 1: Eligibility
In order to be eligible, the child must meet the following criteria:
- The individual with a disability must be under age 18.
- The child and the parent or guardian must reside in Saskatchewan.
Step 2: Apply
Fill out the application form, available here. It must include the following documents:
- Cognitive Disability Strategy consent form.
- The one page application and invoice form, signed with a copy of the notice of assessment from the most recent income tax form
- A copy of the face sheet and summary sheet of the Daily Living Support Assessment. (You can contact CDS office to arrange to have this assessment completed).
- Written information that demonstrates how the applicant meets all five of the criteria for the Cognitive Disability Strategy. These criteria are as follows:
- Significant limitations in learning and processing information. Individuals are limited in retaining knowledge, learning skills, making decisions, communicating with others.
- Behavior challenges that result in limited inter-personal, social and emotional functioning.
- Developmental challenges that limit capacity to adapt to daily living in areas such as self-care, independence at home, in the community at work or leisure.
- Limitations and impairments, which are persistent and long-term.
- Have an unmet need.
- Summary of the applicant’s current situation (systems or programs involved, residential arrangements, day time activity, challenges, things that are going well, etc.)
- Personal Plan to include:
- provide on the planning document enclosed
- Identify one goal per page. If you need more pages please contact our office.
- Itemized detailed budget of how the benefits will be spent.
We recommend trying the following charities, although have no previous experience with them. If you have any information about them, additional charities to add, or need assistance with your application, let us know!