Funding for Snug Vests
**We are dedicated to compiling funding information WORLD-WIDE. Please let us know how you have had your Snug Vest funded, so we can add to these pages. So far we only know the process to receive a Snug Vest fully funded by the government for people living in a few Canadian provinces. **
1. Are you receiving all of the available national funding for Canada? Click here to learn about the options.
2. Click on your province below to find out more about the options in each province:
New Brunswick (no information yet)
Northwest Territories (no information yet)
Nova Scotia (no information yet)
Nunavut (no information yet)
Prince Edward Island (no information yet)
United States of America
We do not have comprehensive coverage information for the USA. We have, however, had Snug Vests covered by Medicaid in multiple states. If you have any information about having a Snug Vest paid for or covered by insurance or a charity in the USA, let us know!
Here are our suggestions for getting your purchased reimbursed by your insurance provide. Please let us know if you have an insurance provide cover your Snug Vest, or if you are denied so that we can update and confirm this information.
Service Provider Name: Wearable Therapeutics Inc. (dba Snug Vest)
Head Office Address: #320 - 887 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, BC V5T 4T5
Device Name: Snug Vest
Equipment Code: E1399 - Durable Medical Equipment Misc. Code
2015 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code: F84.0 - Childhood Autism
1. Prior to purchasing our product, call the 1-800 number on the back of your insurance card and ask about your provider's policy on the equipment code above as a medical necessity.
2. After purchasing your Snug Vest, submit your claim with the following documents:
- Letter of medical necessity - click here to download a sample letter of medical necessity that you can send to your doctor for him/her to fill out
- Written prescription from your doctor (not necessary but helpful)
- Your receipt from your purchase - it will be sent to you via email after your purchase
- The billing codes above
Most insurance companies will ask that you purchase the necessary product(s), and download a claim form from their website.
We suggest handing in the above list of documents along with your claim form.
Keep in mind that reimbursement claims can take up to 5 months.
Note: We are not given permission to access your health coverage, so please fill out your form with your correspondence information.
We wish you best of luck in claiming reimbursement for your Snug Vest.
If you have any further questions or need any support in claiming reimbursement for our product, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.