Inside the Spectrum: Episode #01 - Interview with Patty Zimmerman
- What does an OT do?
- Have most kids with autism that you’ve worked with had sensory challenges?
- What are the benefits of a clinic vs. a home based approach?
- What is the first visit with an OT like? How could parents best prepare for it?
- How can an OT influence what happens in the classroom?
- Can you give examples of a few things OTs can do in the classroom to minimize sensory issues?
Watch the interview and hear her answers below!
You can contact Patty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you check out her recommended resource, the SPD Foundation here!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date with our future interviews! Next Episode (Sept. 24th) we will be chatting with Kirsti Mardell, an autism parent, about creating a supportive autism community around you!